Wow, it’s been a LONG time since I posted here!!! The main reason? I found a way of eating that worked for me, every day, with success, that didn’t require me to put so much thought into it that I needed to blog about it. LCHF – Low Carb, Healthy Fat – is how I’ve been eating since August 4th of last year (2016) and it’s WORKING. I’ll write more detail about it at another time, but in the mean time here’s the thing. I’m getting married in 25 days, and I’ve fallen off the bandwagon a little bit recently with my eating. I’m certainly not ‘shredding for the wedding’, and my dress has been made to fit me like a glove so I’m not panicked, but I’d also like to give it my best shot at looking good on the day. So I’m going to use this blog as a food diary to keep myself accountable, and to stick to ‘green list’ foods only for the next three and a half weeks. It’s not hard, I’ve done it before – I just need to make sure I’m a bit more mindful about my eating. I’m not fussed with quantities, but more the types and qualities of the foods I’m consuming.
Here’s yesterday (Monday 17th April)
- Sesame and Almond crackers (no psyllium husk or xylitol, and with parmesan added)
- Brie cheese
- Beef brisket; brussel sprouts and broccoli with bacon, onion, slivered almonds and butter; roast pumpkin and fetta salad (kent pumpkin)
- Orange and Almond cake with icing made of cream cheese, rind and xylitol – with cream
- Pork belly with cauliflower, green beans and peas, pumpkin
- Quirky Cooking’s chocolate bark
- Lots of fresh ginger tea and some english breakfast tea (black)
Yep, it was a big eating day yesterday. It was Easter, after all.