Arm day! Feeling quite strong with my arm work recently – It’s really encouraging. Feeling positive.
- 10 x bent over barbell rows (25 kg, 35 kg x 3)
- 10 x dumbbell bench press (10 kg each hand x 3, 12 kg each hand x 1)
- 10 x TRX angled rows/pull-ups
So, on Saturday I did my first every hour-long personal training session (they’re normally half an hour). I also learned an important lesson. While coffee is the perfect fuel/stomach liner for a half hour session, I need more than that for an hour. Perhaps some food. At the 40 minute mark I was feeling good, and if we’d called it a day at 45 minutes or even 50 I might have walked away feeling like I had a top session. Those last 10 minutes though? They got hard. At one point I wasn’t quite sure if I was going to vomit or faint, and the frustrating thing was that I knew that it was likely just a result of not eating anything before I came to the gym. Grr!!! Anyway, it was a good one:
- 10 x safety squats (45 kg, 55 kg x 3) – NB: still not sure what the weight of this bar is. I know I had 20 kg added for the first set, and 30 kg added for the rest.
- 10 x clean and press (20 kg, 25 kg x 3) – super happy with these. I managed to do 7 reps in each set without bouncing to get the press up – I did strict presses
- 20 x walking lunges, with wall ball carried above head (no weight, 2 kg x 3)
- 10 x raised push-ups
- 20 x raised heel (hack) squats, 2 second lower and 2 second raise (final set was normal lower and raise)
- 10 x lat pulldowns (30 kg, 35 kg x 2)
I think this was possibly the latest in the evening I’ve worked out before (6:30 pm) and that combined with having moved house across the weekend made for interesting energy levels. Still, a good workout!
- 10 x Kettlebell clean and press each arm (8 kg, 10 kg, 10 kg)
- 20 x wall ball slams (20 pound ball, so that’s… 9.07 kg)
- 8 x barbell cleans (20 kg)
- 8 x barbell presses (20 kg)
- 8 x barbell bicep curl (20 kg)
- 8 x dumbbell hammer curl (6 kg per hand)