I’ve reached the end of my sixth fasting day (I didn’t blog on day five, oops). Today something weird happened – I didn’t eat all of the food I’d allocated myself. I’m yet to eat my allocated apple on any fasting day, so that’s not surprising, but today I found myself arrive at dinner time having not eaten my cherry tomatoes at lunch or my cottage cheese in the afternoon either. That, combined with the apple, left me with an uneaten 188 allocated calories. Yippee!!
I also decided to give a new dinner recipe a go tonight- I’d planned another stirfry, but decided I don’t want to eat that too much, lest I burn myself out and never want to eat it again. So tonight’s dinner experiment was a creamy lemon tuna pasta (zoodle pasta), and it was GOOD!!! Like really good. Not good for a fasting day- good for any day! It comes in at about 270 calories.
Creamy Lemon Tuna Zoodles
- 250 grams zucchini, spiralised – 35 cal
- 50 g onion, diced – 14 cal
- 1 tsp garlic – 5 cal
- Small can of tuna in springwater, drained – 78 cal
- Juice of half a lemon – 13 cal (ish)
- 1 tsp French mustard – 6 cal
- 1/3 cup of water
- 50 g Jalna natural greek yoghurt – 65 cal
- 1 tsp veggie stock paste (calories unknown)
- edit: paprika, to taste
- Fry the onion until soft. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes until soft
- Add tuna, mustard, lemon juice, water, stock and simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring well.
- Add yoghurt and stir through
- Add zoodles and stir through the sauce. Keep on a medium heat and cook, stirring, until the zoodles are softened and hot
- Taste, and add paprika and additional pepper to taste
I forgot to take a photo – oops! So here’s my day’s calories instead 😛